WORKING TOWARDS A BETTER TOMORROW
The community of Kaleden was birthed in the early years of the 1900’s. Settlers arrived to begin the work of planting orchards and developing the community which would be officially named Kaleden in 1909.
As the community grew, families began to gather in homes to worship and study the Word of God and in early 1910, Kaleden Baptist Church was organized. In April 1913 the church would find its permanent home on the corner of Lakehill Road and Pineview Avenue. April 6, 1913 marked the opening of the newly built church building.
Now, 100 years later, the community continues to gather for worship in that same building. For the last 100 years the little church on the corner has been making a lasting difference in the place where the church lives - the community of Kaleden. The Church has endured, being served by visiting pastors, lay pastors, “retired” pastors, and for 25 years by full-time pastor, Les Clarke.
The current pastor, David Jenkins, arrived in the Fall of 2017 as a transitional interim pastor. During this season of the church, we are asking questions about what it means to be the church for our community and where is God calling us?
The Church has lived here for over 100 years as a community of faith within the larger community. Community in its very essence reflects family, and as a ‘Family of Faith’ we have and continue to gather in community to encourage and support one another in our church, family, and community life.